Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekly Nails: Doctor Who Series: 11th Doctor (again...)

So these past two weeks were a complete fail. Sorry about that. Two weeks ago I lost my camera, completely disappeared, along with the rest of the cameras in my house. Last week was just an epic fail at nail art. I tried to do the Cyber Leader, from series six, and it came out just terribly. I'm still debating on whether to just post it, or redo it. Not sure yet, so after I took off the Cyber design, I did another Matt Smith inspired design. Mainly because I ordered a pair of red suspenders (I'm such a nerd). I'll do a fashion post once I get that outfit together. 

This is another French Manicure with a Whovian twist. Its not explicitly a Doctor Who design, it can also be another twist on the Tuxedo Nails, made popular by Zooey Deschanel. If you really wanted to go full-on Doctor, you could add the ticks from The Silence design I did a couple of weeks ago.



What I used:
Orly Nail Defense (base)
ORLY French Manicure in Pink Nude (This is a great color, bit it is super streaky, I had to put on 4 coats to get it this opaque. I'd recommend China Glaze in Inner Beauty instead. Similar color, much better formula)
Orly French Tips in White Tips
Zoya in Elisa (bowtie and suspenders)
StripeRite in Black
Seche Vite Top Coat

No comments: