Friday, January 25, 2013

Weekly Nails: Doctor Who Series: The Daleks

So this week was supposed to be the 9th Doctor, but he is seriously lacking in distinctive qualities that would translate well into nail art, so I'll be back to him. This week is the Daleks. I really love the way my thumb turned out. The plan was to have the eyestalk in as well, but as you can see I ran out of room. When I redo this design, I'd do a black french tip across all of them. I still like how it turned out though.

To get the bumps (I dunno what else to call them) I painted nail pearls black with acrylic paint. There will be a post shortly about how I did that. 





What I used:
Orly Nail Defense (base)
OPI in You Rock-Apulco Red
Zoya in Pippa
Forever 21 in Surf Blue
Zoya in Arizona
Orly French Tips in White Tips
StripeRite in black
Seche Vite Topcoat

No comments: