Saturday, January 5, 2013

Weekly Nails: Doctor Who Series: The 11th Doctor

Alrighty, I know I've been slacking on the updates, but my New Years resolution is to post updates twice a week. General/randomness on Mondays and nail art/nail polish on Fridays. Already I'm a bit late, but here is the first nail post.

I'm going backwards starting with Matt Smith. I'm not sure if I'll do all of them, but at least the three from the most recent series.

I decided to try galaxy nails for the first time, since the Doctor travels through space, and because I've been meaning to try them for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it. I don't have a good brown polish, so I just stuck with the bowtie, and then the newest logo.


It's too bad I didn't get a good picture before it chipped. I did it opening another bottle of polish...go figure.



And finally, my T.A.R.D.I.S. ring from Smilingsilversmith.com. It's amazing and I love it so much, however go a half size up from your normal size.

What I used:
Orly Nail Defense as a base
Seche Vite top coat

Thumb nail:
Forever 21 love & beauty in Blue
StripeRite in white

Ring Finger:
Orly French Tip in White Tips
Red permanent marker
Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in black

Galaxy Nails:
Finger Paints in Art of Theft as the base

The rest were sponged on in this order:
Orly French Tip in White Tips
China Glaze in Sky High-Top
OPI in Who the Shrek Are You
Zoya in Pippa
China Glaze in Tempest
Orly in Liquid Vinyl
OPI in Austin-tatious Turquoise
Zoya in Ziv
The Painted Nail Nail Lacquer by Nubar in Moon Drop Top Layer (not sponged, 2 coats)

No comments: