Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Glitter Ombre Nails

 (My thumb nail is chipped...I know :( I did it while taking my camera out. Bummer for me.)


What I used:

Seche Vite Base Coat
Orly Liquid Vinyl
Orly Shine
Finger Paints Laugh My Art Off
Seche Vite Top Coat

It's very easy to achieve this look. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Put a base coat
2. Apply 2 coats of black and wait for them to COMPLETELY dry. If you don't the polish will rub off on the sponge when you're applying the glitter and it will ruin your nails.
3. Apply a brush stroke of glitter polish onto a makeup wedge/sponge and apply first to the top of your nail, working to about a third of the way down.
4. Wait for that layer to dry, and then repeat, only going down about half way the nail. Now I only needed two layers of this polish to get a full coverage at the tips, but some polishes won't be as thick as mine, so just keep repeating this step until the tip is completely covered with the glitter.
5. Repeat step 3, but with a different glitter, and go only halfway down. Concentrate most of the glitter towards the tips of your nails.
6. Repeat until the tips are completely covered with the second glitter.
7. Add a top coat and you're done!

No comments: