Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hunger Games Nails: Effie Trinket 'Reaping Nails


Effie Trinket inspired nails. These are the nails she had for the Reaping of District 12. The pink I used is a bit brighter than what she had, hers are more fuschia. I achieved this design by putting 2 coats of pink, letting them dry completely, and then with a sponge stippling on a gold glitter polish. The first coat I started at the top and worked down about 3/4 of the nail. Then a second coat going only half way down. And the final coat just at the tips. Then in true 'Capitol Style' I painted the underside of my nails gold. I don't think they did this in the movie, but its a nice nod to the books.


And I know my cuticles are totally beat up. Thats what happens when you constantly work with chemicals and paper. I've used every cuticle cream I could find, but nothing works. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment.
What I used:

Seche Vite base coat
Forever 21 Love & Beauty (edit: the closest match I could find is Forever 21 'Fuchsia'; it's not an exact match, just a hair on the orange side)
a wedge sponge
China Glaze  'Midnight Kiss'
Seche Vite top coat

Edit: A more exact match for Effie's base color is Forever 21 Love & Beauty 'Fuchsia Purple'. I got it today (4/27), so if you want it go get it now because they won't have it next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!