Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fortune Cookie Hunger Games Haul

As I am currently obsessed with all things Hunger Games related, when I saw that Fortune Cookie Soaps had a Hunger Games themed collection I went and bought almost all of it. When I ordered mine, about 10 days ago 'Hair of the Dog' body wash was sold out, but now its available (how annoying!). That was the one item I wanted, but couldn't get. They also have 'Tiny Tribute' shampoo bar, and 'Bakers Dozen' fortune cookie soap.


The thing that annoyed me right off the bat was that the sample they sent with my order leaked out all over everything. A fine coating of the bath tart was dusted all over everything.
This is the 'Capitol Diamond' bath fizz inspired by Effie Trinket's character. It's an intense glitter bath bomb and it smells like Dubble Bubble bubblegum. Its kind of awesome. There is so much glitter I got it all over when I took it out of the double packaging. It's quite huge too (10oz).
Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Pure Dead Sea Salt, Magnesium Sulfate, Sweet Almond Oil, Fragrance and/or Essential Oils, Color


This is the 'Cashmere' bubbling bath crystals inspired by Cinna. It also has glitter in it and the smell is...velvety. That isn't a smell, but I'm not really sure how else to describe it.

Ingredients: Sodium Chloride (Sea Salt), Dead Sea Salt, Lathanol (a mild Surfactant), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract,Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Palmitate)
'Coal Hearted' bath melt inspired by Gale. Its very creamy feeling and smells like spice, I'm not sure which spice it is, but it's not the graphite smell I was expecting.

Ingredients: Kokum Butter, Shea Butter, Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Pure Dead Sea Salt, Kaolin Clay, Fragrance and/or Essential Oils, Color
The only thing I don't like about these, before I've even used them is that the coal was crumbling in my hands before I even got it out of the bag.

'Hunter Green' whipped cream inspired by Katniss. Personally I'd have done something different, probably more fire themed than the whipped cream. It smells 'naturey' and is quite plain. I liked it much better once I put it on. The smell wasn't so intense, and lasted almost 4 hours, which I liked.

Oddly, there are no ingredients listed on this one :(

Overall my favorite item was the 'Capitol Diamond'. Its exactly what I would expect for Effie's character, and the smell was spot on. Flashback to Halloween as a kid. Once I use these I'll post about my feelings then. I think they might change a bit, especially in regards to the bath melt.

No comments: