Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The woes of shoe making....

This is the final pair I chose to make for my shoe design class. Honestly these are the shoes from HELL! I've re-done them 4 times...and there's just one problem after another. I've officially given up on them and I'm just going to keep pushing through from now on. Its pretty sad, but thats how its gonna go...

This is one of the pattern pieces traced out onto the leather.
Taping to finalize the position of the pieces
I had to use tracing paper to sew because the patent leather slips on the foot.

Getting ready to sew the toe piece...
Lasted lining...which didn't have any major problems....

A random note to anyone...if you're not the best sewer in the world, or you're just beginning to make shoes...don't use patent leather...its a freaking pain in the ass!

No comments: