Friday, January 28, 2011

Bow Shoes

I got these shoes at a department store when I was in Ireland two years ago. They're not the most comfortable shoes, but they are super cute and have a good heel for dancing in. I'm wearing them to the fundraiser for my Greek dance group, and as a teacher I'm expected to do some dancing. I wanted to spruce them up a bit by adding some cute bows.
They came with a plain pair of black laces.

What you need for the ribbon (if you want to make your own...I had this fabric laying about the house and I have the perfect pink lipstick to match) is any nonorganic fabric (nylon and polyester work best) and a lighter. I got this fabric from Joanne Fabrics for $2.99 a yard.
All you need to do is take the lighter, hold it under the fabric and run it along the edges. This melts the fabric. The closer the flame is the more it melts, and the more curly it becomes.
 Then just lace it through and tie a bow. The 'two bunny ears' method always makes the perfect bow.

 These shoes had two eyelets so this is how I laced them for the best results. 

 I also made a matching head band....which I'm not sure if I'm going to wear....

I'll do a post about the entire outfit as well as a makeup slideshow (because I have no video camera :( otherwise I'd do some tutorials for you all....). Hope you enjoy!

No comments: