Friday, November 12, 2010

A big book list




1. Favorite childhood book?
Harry Potter...but I started reading that when I was 10...soooooo I think my favorite was Piggies by Audry Wood, Don Wood
2. What are you reading right now?
The Vampire Diaries: Shadow Souls
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
Breathless by McDaniel, Lurlene
4. Bad book habit?
Buying books I will never read.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach and The Alchemyst  by Michael Scott
6. Do you have an e-reader?
No, definitely not...
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?
One book at a time
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
A bit, but it mostly has to do with school more so than the blog
9. Least favorite book you read this year?
Lost Symbol by Dan Brown  Resolutely trivial.
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Probably....Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Rarely...if  ever
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Fiction mostly...often 'Children's or Young Adult'
13. Can you read on the bus?
Not at all...I get motion sickness if I do :(
14. Favorite place to read?
In bed.
15. What is your policy on book lending?
Rarely...because I often don't get them back
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
Not EVER....jeez, get yourself a freakin bookmark
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Nope, I hate having writing in the margins
18. Not even with text books?
Nope...I'd sooner take notes in a binder
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English,
20. What makes you love a book?
When I can't put it down...
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I love it
22. Favorite genre?
Fantasy

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)?
Classics
24. Favorite biography?
Not a big non-fiction reader....I think I've only ever read one real biography
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
No
26. Favorite cookbook?
Definitely by far Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or nonfiction)?
None.....
28. Favorite reading snack?
Tea, or hot chocolate
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Not ever really,
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I don't really read what critics think...I don't really care what they think
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I'll do it if the book is really terrible...like if I was mad that I wasted my time reading it, but otherwise I try not to really bash a book
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
German
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
On the Aesthetics of Man by Kant
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Maybe that selection of Cardinal Newman’s prose I picked up for free about a week ago.
35. Favorite poet?
Shel Silverstein
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Usually 2-3
37. How often have you returned books to the library unread?
Often...but only during school

38. Favorite fictional character?
Harry Potter
39. Favorite fictional villain?
Definitely Rodrick from Diary of a Wimpy Kid
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Harry Potter
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading …
I can't really remember a time when I wasn't reading something constantly
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
The Hobbit
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Pretty much nothing...I've got really good selective hearing when I'm reading a good book
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
The Vampire Diaries...which isn't really a film but I love the show so much more than the books....although I really like the books a lot as well
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The DaVinci Code
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Oh jeez....probably like 150-200 (not counting school books)
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Never
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
If there is absolutely no plot, or its painful to read.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Oh yes....alphebetical by author
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Keep. I only buy books I'd want to reread...often I buy books I've already read because I want to reread them.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Pretty much anything by Tolkien
52. Name a book that made you angry.
I can't really think of one

53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Percy Jackson series
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Lost Symbol by Can Brown

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Pretty much anything not associated with school

No comments: