Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Sophie Lancaster Foundation


The poster reads:

O
n August 11th, 2007 Sophie Lancaster and her boyfriend Rober Maltby were attacked by a gang of teenagers in a park in Bacup, Lancashire. Instead of fleeing, Sophie went to Robert's aid. The couple were kicked, stamped on and left unconsious for nothing more than looking different. Sophie later died from her injuries. If anything positive is to come from her death, Sophie's family and friends would like it to be you. Find out how you can help stam put prejudice, hatred and intolerance please go to www.sophielancasterfoundation.com. The charity's long-term goal is to change social mindset - to make people more tolerant and accepting - no matter how a person looks. As Sylvia, Sophie's mum, reaches the two-year anniversary of her daughter's tragic death, you can do your bit to support the S.O.P.H.I.E. cause, simply by celebrating who you really are, and not being afraid to express yourself.



~This is aweful....reading about things like this scares me....because I look different than most people all the time. And I like to look different....but its scary how unbelievable people can be about it. It makes me want to cry. My heart goes out to her family and friends...and I hope that we can stop people from ever doing this again!

1 comment:

Joanne And Steve Forsyth said...

I have just moved to Bacup and i remember this horrific inhumane act , it sticks in my mind as i was unique gothic different all of these things as was my sister , we had a great outlook , are both intelligent women and even now at 44 the freedom of express myself however i want is the most important thing to me , the people who collectively committed this are brain dead animals that are All the Same , cant think without the others and their group decisions will always be wrong, sleep peacefully beautiful girl , JOANNE K