Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Coraline out on DVD!

,Coraline' just came out on DVD today, and I went and got myself the 2 Disc Special Edition. It is one of the most amazing stop motion animations I have ever seen! Stop motion animation is my specialty so I was especially amazed because I know just how much work was involved with making this movie. You think you know, but before you have actually created a small stop motion animated film, you have NO IDEA how much work it is. I thought I knew, and then I took my stop motion class...and then got no sleep all semester because I was up night and day working on my animation projects. Its totally worth it once you're done, but while you're working you just want to die.  So this movie is very amazing, but it is NOT FOR CHILDREN!  It is very scary for children under the ages of 10.  The basic plot is:

,A young girl walks through a secret door in her new home and discovers an alternate version of her life. On the surface, this parallel reality is eerily similar to her real life - only much better. But when her adventure turns dangerous, and her counterfeit parents (including Other Mother) try to keep her forever, Coraline must count on her resourcefulness, determination, and bravery to get back home - and save her family'

Directed by Henry Selick
Written by Henry Selick (screenplay) and Neil Gaiman (book)

Stars:
Dakota Fanning as Coraline Jones (voice)
Teri Hatcher as Mother/Other Mother (voice)
Jennfier Saunders as Miss Spink  (voice)
Dawn French as Miss Forcible  (voice)
Keith David as Cat  (voice)
John Hodgman as Father/Other Father  (voice)
Robert Bailey Jr. as Wybie Lovat  (voice)
Ian McShane as Mr. Bobinsky  (voice)

No comments: